Please disable the pop up blocker before submiting a refund request

Per New Mexico statute, Sections 66-6-22 and 7-1-26 NMSA 1978, you may request a refund if you believe you have made a payment to the Motor Vehicle Division that was in excess of the amount due.

To request a refund, please follow these steps:

1. Select (click on) the tab above depending on whether your refund request is related

    to a driver (license or ID), vehicle, boat or dealer transaction.

2. Fill out all required information on the next page.

3. Click the “Submit” button at bottom of page to submit your request.

4. Print the confirmation page.

5. Sign and date the confirmation page.

6. Attach required documents to the signed and dated confirmation page.

7. Mail your refund request to:

Motor Vehicle Division
P.O.Box 2129
Santa Fe, NM 87504-2129

8. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing.

Note: If you believe you have overpaid more than once, a separate refund request submittal with documents is required for each occurrence.